The Natural History Museum Bern was officially founded in 1832. In 1936 it moved into a new building in Bernastrasse deemed an excellent example of the "Neue Sachlichkeit" style. The building was extended in 1998. The museum has 5100 square metres of exhibition space and an international reputation founded initially on its historical dioramas. Aside from Barry, the NMBE is famous for housing the giant Planggenstock crystals and for outstanding contemporary exhibitions such as the prize-winning "c’est la vie". The museum's collection contains around 4 million objects. The Naturhistorisches Museum Bern is also a place of research conducted by the 22 scientists responsible for the collections, and functions as a venue for cultural events - most recently the "Help, it's alive!" series and the "Dead animal bar".